Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Live Video’s Protection or Censorship?

I believe that artist could have the right to protect their art weather that is a song, an image, a video, a blog, or an entire novel. The rightful owner of any work should be the one to profit from it.

However what is the harm of a girl from Kansas using a song in a video because the song moved her? Is she making any money from this endeavor? Is she using it inappropriately? No, she is merely creating a tribute with one of her favorite songs as the soundtrack.

The video only had fifty or sixty views and a whopping two comments in three days and on the third day it was deleted, deleted without mention. No, email or private message, nothing!

I must admit that I am a little hurt. Even if it did violate a copyright there is no reason to treat their vloggers with such disrespect as to not even notify they are deleting one of their creations.

I have written to the Admin at Live Video and await a response. But I wont hold my breath. Who knows when they will get around to responding to some two-bit vlogger/ blogger from Kansas?

Please don’t get me wrong. If there really is a copyright infringement issue I am not arguing that we should just be able to post anything. I am merely saying should Live Video just be able to delete user content without notification. If it is not in the user agreement it should be. I will do further research to get the complete story on that at a later date.

Tell me have you ever had Videos or blogs deleted? Were you notified that there was a problem with your content? Or were you given the cold hard axe? I would like to know what happened to you.

1 comment:

Rarus vir said...

I wouldn't expect too much from them on this.

Last I heard you were in Columbia, did you transfer to one of the colleges here in KC? I read your previous post and because I am just too lazy to comment there, I'll say it here; it's not about what you know, it's about who you know when getting a job. If getting your PhD is possible, you should do it, you'll never work a day in your life if you do, at least not work like you're used to.
This blogger site is not quite as friendly as LV, but it does have a wonderful sense of privacy, doesnt it?
You should check out xanga.com, it's really comming back. I have lots of friends there, so let me know if you ever get on, I'll give you a boost with some great people.